I live in a Colonial Style Home which has a slight, approximately 5" Garrison Style overhang from the second story over the first. Can anyone tell me if there is anyway to eliminate this overhang? I absolutely cannot stand it and not sure why it was even built that way in the first place. I love the house otherwise, but really didn't pick up on that overhang until after moving in; I would have still purchased the home anyway. I'm really into the flat front of traditional colonials/federal style homes and this overhang kind of impedes the look I'm trying to achieve. I'll start off here and get some ideas from others.

Thanks in advance.