+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the Difference between Fernco P3000-33 and P3005-33?

When I read the description they say they can be used with Sch 40 PVC, Cast Iron, Copper, Plastic, Steel, Tubular DWV Pipe. Both seem to have the same description yet one is more $ than the other if they can be used for the same purpose and are the "Pro-Flex" and the picture appears to be the same just having a different name one says EPDM Rubber Mechanical Coupling and the other has Rubber Shielded Coupling the only difference in the picture is the part number one has P3000-33 and the other P3005-33??? Could they have installed the wrong one or is there really any difference between the two maybe they have now making 2 for specific materials they are used on??? Just want to buy the right one because after having one leaking in less than 10 years when other in another thread say they last 40 years well the one I had installed last maybe 8 years? Appears I could but the wrong one from the way it looks maybe back then there was only One made???

Just want to get the leak fixed...

MMeehan

Default Re: What is the Difference between Fernco P3000-33 and P3005-33?

Copper has a smaller OD then steel, PVC and cast iron. The coupling that is used to connect copper to the other pipes is thicker on the side that connects to copper. Were the other side is thinner to make up fore the difference in the OD of the two pipes.
    John

So if I have no copper just one pipe is PVC and the other Cast Iron I should use the Fernco P3000-33 Banded Coupler? or the P3005-33?

MMeehan

Check your other thread- I explained the differences there.

Phil