+ Reply to Thread

Default Fire pit drainage in yard with high water table

I had a fire ring manufactured for me like the ones in state parks and I want to follow the instructions in the diy fire pit video. My problem is management of the rain water that will accumulate in the fire pit. digging a hole in the center will almost put the top of the hole a ground water level. I understand the gravel and the other construction steps but how to manage the water from rain is a real issue. I know I can try to put some type of cover but that is a pain. I have thought about raising the pit and ring and place steel pipes to allow the water to drain around the edges of the fire pit. Can you advise me on this?

Default Re: Fire pit drainage in yard with high water table

does your property have a ditch or lower area close by to trench a drain tile too? we sunk our 11' trampoline to ground level, however we had a grade change about 70' away that we trenched to and added a catch basin to the center of the hole. if not you are likely better to raise the entire area before adding the ring.

I have raised the fire ring above ground level and it rest on grey crusher run gravel and sides slope down. My concern is how to manage the rain water that inevitably ends up in the ring and it is a pain to have to bail it out. I've thought about a cover and I may just have to live with it or have several ground level weep holes.

While surfing ****** for your solution, I find great tips and design at houzz.com and thought it share it with you. Here is the link http://www.houzz.com/outdoor-fire-pit, hope it might help you.