I have just removed wallpaper from previously painted plaster walls. I have also cleaned off all wallpaper paste residue. In removing the wallpaper some small spots of the finished plaster pulled off with paper leaving shallow indentations. It seems like overkill to skim coat all the walls. Can I just fill these shallow spots with drywall compound or spackle , sand and then prime the walls with Kilz or other primer. There are no cracks, these are just surface spots, not much deeper than a couple layers of paint.

Thanks for any help