+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation how do i heat a 1925 house with no furnace or radiators?

i recently purchased a very small 1925 house, it has no furnace boiler or radiators. the prior owner put a cove heater in the living room and the kitchen has a small heater in the wall, new and like a portable heater. the bathroom has no heat in it and the basement has the same as the kitchen. the house is around 900 sqare feet total, the first floor is only around 500. i could use any help or advise as what is the best choice to do, thank you

Default Re: how do i heat a 1925 house with no furnace or radiators?

Welcome to the forum;

1- Where is this house? (alaska or bermuda?)
    2- What is the house constructed from ? (concrete, wood, bamboo or snow?)
    3- What energy sources are available? (Natural or Propane Gas, wood, oil, coal, electricity, solar, wind?)
    4- Some indication of heat loss; insulation, venting, top of a windswept hill, bottom of a ravine, side of an active volcano....

If you have natural gas or propane available, then consider a "gas pack". everything is mounted in a small package outside and duct is run through the basement wall for distribution. It is very cost effective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGmzaSXmeI
    Last edited by keith3267; 12-09-2013 at 08:53 PM.

1. We live in a flood zone in central NJ. Would a gas pack be an alternative Here? Please exlain how it works. Thanks