+ Reply to Thread

Default Exposed pink insulation

I recently removed the vapour barrier and pink insulation in my basement and had it spray-foamed instead. Really happy with that result. Because the wall cavities were quite deep, and there was a gap before between the insulation and the concrete wall, the spray foam filled that gap and I have room to now reinstall the pink insulation before drywalling. I know it's not required but since I have the insulation anyway, I might as well put it back. And it will be behind drywall so I don't have a concern with that - my question really is on the basement headers.

Is it OK to put the pink fibreglass insulation back up into the headers where it will be exposed (previously was behind the vapour barrier). Presumably air will circulate through the trusses and I'm just wondering if that exposed pink fibreglass creates any air quality issues or concerns.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Exposed pink insulation

I don't see any reason nor any problems.

Why not add the insulation to the attic ?

Default Re: Exposed pink insulation

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    I don't see any reason nor any problems.

Why not add the insulation to the attic ?
    That's actually what I thought I would do with some of the excess as I do have a room over the garage that has other batt insulation (the rest of the house is blown in which I'm actually removing to spray foam as well). Thanks for the response.