+ Reply to Thread

Default Moving wall cabinets

I am going to be installing an over the range microwave after Christmas. I will be raising a cabinet 4 1/2" to do so. Aside from the the many other steps in the install, I will need to hide the visible sides on the cabinet. Is their any suggestions to do so?
    Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Moving wall cabinets

Consider these:

1. Since you will expose a portion of the wall that wasn't exposed before, you need to finish it and its surrounding.

2. Take care of your venting - a 'must' when it comes to using the range.

3. How's the electrical? you may need a dedicated circuit for the microwave oven.

4. Clearance: is the microwave oven high enough over the range?

Yes, I am prepared for that. But I am looking for some advise to finish the now exposed sides of the cabinet, if their is any tips or tricks I can use.

There are no tricks here, just finish work to match the existing cabinets and walls. Good luck.

many times the sides will already be finished there may be some screw holes to deal with if they do not match it could be difficult to match because the cabinet sides probably are not the same material as the rest of the cabinets. it may be easier to make finished panels to apply to the sides hard to say with out seeing it though