I am buying an 80+ year old bungalow and need help identifying the wall material in my finished attic. The main floor walls are plaster but it looks like they finished the attic later and put up this wierd wall material that I can't identify. It looks like really thick cardboard. It has some holes in it and some big gashes that I wouldn't know how to repair. It is also painted white. I am thinking of putting up wood paneling over it. Does anyone know what kind of material this would be? Should I just leave it up and panel over it? It is quite unattractive with the dents and holes in it. Thanks for any help.