+ Reply to Thread

Question Shevling for windows

As a kid, I had an aunt that had a shelf on her windows were they meet in the middle for plants. Of course, I didn't even look at how they were made or ask about them. My house has porch on 3 sides with the only side not under porch is on the north side of my house. I can't get plants to grow or live because of all the shade in my house and would love to get or make shelves for several windows so I can at least have a few plants. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make, get info on or get some of these shelves?

Default Re: Shevling for windows

Google "Outdoor shelves for plants" and you'll see dozens of ideas, for wood, metal and plastic shelves.

Default Re: Shevling for windows

dj1 put you on the right track. I did a simple one in my utility window at the halfway mark. We installed boards on either side of the window jam to rest our shelf on. I had recycled glass shelves that already had a polished edge to them. We had the glass cut to fit. It worked nicely for African violets. (our windows were replacement windows and I had about 4-5 inches of sheet rock frame to the inside of the house.)