+ Reply to Thread

Default Tile small area over original tile

Hello, please let me start by saying that I am a total beginner with DIY projects. I'm trying a very small tile project for the first time. It's a 25"x50" fireplace hearth that will be flush with our hardwood floor. I started by removing the unwanted tile and discovered a 1/2 thick layer of mortar, which I removed as well. This revealed another layer of tile below. I also prefer to tile over this. But to have my new tile rest flush with the surrounding hardwood, I'm think I need to install 1/2" hardie board over the original tile.... First question: is this the correct way to do this? Second question: what is the best method to adhere it? Mortor? ... Once that is down, I feel good about the instructions for the tile install. Any advise is appreciated. Thank you!!
    Last edited by Tina0112; 11-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Default Re: Tile small area over original tile

Tina,

For all questions tile related, you'll fare well by heading over to the John Bridge Tile Forum. Start your own thread there.

Tell them we sent you.

Default Re: Tile small area over original tile

The correct way is to remove everything that you have there and start from ground zero. My question is: why is your finished hardwood so high?