• Brick

0 0%
  • Cement

0 0%
  • Slate

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Default Brick Front Porch - Needs Replacing

My wife and I purchase our house a little over a year ago. The house was built in 1925 and from what we can tell it looks like the original front stoop is still in place. The stoop is made entirely of brick and it looks like there were attempts at repairing the steps that did not help. We have noticed that we are getting water leaking through the basement wall just below the steps and their are weeds growing out of some of the cracks. We want to replace the stoop but don't what the best and most economical way to do it is. We were thinking of removing the top layer of bricks and replacing with limestone and cement. Please let us know what you think and what our best options are.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	2442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0759.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	2443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	2444   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0762.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	2445  

Wink Re: Brick Front Porch - Needs Replacing

You have some beautiful brick handiwork at your home. I wouldn't change it, I think you would be disappointed if you replaced it with limestone and cement. The look your home has now is warm and inviting, limestone and cement is cold and uninviting. I would suggest getting a contractor that does "brick pointing" and get a price on pointing, caulking and maybe cleaning the brick. It will make everything look new and get rid of the weeds and leaks. Believe me, I think you would be very satisfied if you go this route. Good Luck.

Calcats