+ Reply to Thread

Default Help! Can't hook up new dishwasher because of "Accor" flow tite valves!

We just had a new dishwasher delivered and the young installer broke the bad news that he couldn't hook it up because our home has Accor Flow Tite valves, a cheap push/pull type that is permanently attached to the PVC pipe and will have to be replaced before the connections will work. We looked throughout the house and every connection to the sinks and toilets are done w/ this cheap alternative. So now I have a brand new dishwasher in the garage and can't even get the old one out as these cheap valves don't close all the way and the installer was unwilling to risk the liability.
    Help! It looks like the Accor valve can simply be twisted to get it off, but given the age of the house, built in 2001, we're finding out that the pipe becomes brittle and there is little space for error. We don't want to have to pull off drywall and replace a bunch of pipe.
    How do we safely get this throwaway valve off and replace it w/ a traditional spigot connection that we can hook our new dishwasher up to?

Thanks for any information you can assist with.

Default Re: Help! Can't hook up new dishwasher because of "Accor" flow tite valves!

did you watch this video ?

But replace it with a #29 or this type quarter turn valve.

Default Re: Help! Can't hook up new dishwasher because of "Accor" flow tite valves!

If it is new dishwasher its better to call the right person for it they would generally help you fix up the problem and replace the dishwasher if the defect is found from the product.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    did you watch this video ?

But replace it with a #29 or this type quarter turn valve.
    Good video Houston
    John

These valves look like...(bad word).

Rotate and pull HARD, like in the aforementioned video.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.