+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How to cover concrete retaining wall so it doesn't scratch cars

Quote Originally Posted by daspyda View Post
    Learn how to comprehend what you're reading before you spout off to someone else...

on the low retaining wall to the side of my driveway.
    Obviously, the OP is talking about something below the line of sight of the fender.
    Take some of your own advice. How would you respond to someone asking how to protect their vehicle from pedestrians? You wouldn't, you would offer the same exact advice as above.

Obviously, the OP is neither aware of her surroundings nor the corners and sides of her VERY small car. This isn't someone you really want to share the roadway with, as they are dangerous to themselves and anyone else they may encounter. Today it is the retaining wall along the driveway, tomorrow it's a parked car or a person.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If the wall is high enough to scratch the car, it's high enough to be seen and avoided.

I once owned a 1952 Ford pickup where you could not see anything past the right of the centerline of the long pointed hood. You knew the bumper and the huge fender were there but you couldn't see any part of them from the driver's seat. In the 2 years I drove it I never hit anything with the part I couldn't see. I still can't see fire hydrants once I'm near them in anything I drive but I still know they are there and I still don't hit them. If I couldn't manage this I'd turn my license in myself

Daspyda, the bottom line is that this person does not need to be driving this vehicle if they cannot operate it safely. The next time they screw up like this it may be someone's child, not a repairable walll

Phil