+ Reply to Thread

Default Radiant Heat Floors

We are remodeling a small bathroom about 5x7. We have always had carpet in there. We are changing to all tile. Just wondering if anyone here that has already put in the radiant heat flooring feels that it was worth the extra expense to put it in. I was told today by my dentist that it takes so long to heat up that they don't even use it. I would like to know how others feel about it.

Default Re: Radiant Heat Floors

Are you talking about electric or hot water radiant heat?
    Last edited by johnjh2o; 11-05-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    John

Radiant heated tile floors either need to be left on or used with a timer, as they do take time to gather the warmth because of the thermal mass involved. That mass also allows them to hold heat well which means that once warmed they stay that way, and that also allows for less applied heating to do more work for you. Tile floors do best when heated slowly. Once you experience a heated tile floor you'll be hooked on them.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Are you talking about electric or hot water radiant heat?
    This would be electric heat. The tile is porcelain.

We install a lot of electric heated floors in tiled bathrooms. Pretty darn nice. The thermostats for the floor allow all sorts of settings.

The Pro's at the John Bridge Tile Forum can help you with all aspects of the tile project.