Well here is an update and it is not good either but here it is...

My kitchen sink drain was running slow so I poured some Liquid Draino in hopes of clearing the drain... Well now the section of Cast Iron Main Drain Pipe has a Crack about 18 inches long down the side from the Fernco Coupler so now it looks like I will need a Plumber to come in and break up my basement floor and replace the cast iron to the fitting that is attached to the cement floor. Not sure if the cast iron is done, if any of the pipe underneath the floor is salvageable or if they will have to break up my basement floor and replace it to where it connects to the pipe that was replace 8 years ago from just outside my basement wall to the sidewalk. even though the problem then was on the city's side of the sidewalk I had a new drain line installed and they then could get a snake out the line where tree roots were. The Small Clean out inside was too small and 3 plumbers could not get farther out to snake it out. So now I have a clean out in my front yard which today is very common being the lines inside are only 3 inches and the outside is 6 inches...

So I guess this is what happens with an "OLD" Home a money pit... As I see it.

Won't need a replies even though I have a new Fernco Coupler it will soon be PVC I will now have to tape up the crack and save up for what a Plumber will cost to get this Repaired / Replaced!!! But it is never low cost... So much for owning a home as good financial decision lost 1/3 of its value and now everything is failing...

Like I mention in the Bathroom Section this is my last Post here at TOH will just pay what I can and have someone come in and do the repairs it is more time and money but I guess it will just be another bandage like the last major plumbing repair.

MMeehan