+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy removal of epoxy grout

I have used epoxy grouts in my house with no problems Until now. I did my bathroom and it looks horrible. I have to remove the epoxy grout but no one can tell me what to use and how. I am hoping someone can guide me through this goof up. HELPPPPPPPPP

Default Re: removal of epoxy grout

i've installed it many times and made a mistake the first time i did it. i had to remove two tiles and the grout around them. it was a nightmare and it took me about 3-4 hours to get the grout off of the adjoining tiles. i asked the guy at the tile place and he didn't know what to do. i sucked it up and just did it. only person i can think of to ask is the manufacturer (didn't think of that until i was done). if you call them, please let us know what they say.

good luck

I've removed grout before using a grinder with a diamond blade, but if you don't have patience and a steady hand, you will damage the neighboring tiles.

A fein multi tool or dremmel may reduce the chance of chipping

Unhappy Re: removal of epoxy grout

I have done some reading on it and if you use a mechanical way of removing the epoxy grout it will stink up the place.

Depending on the brand, you might try a heat gun set on low or the grease cutting agent used in commercial kitchens. Contact the manufacturer for the specific answer.

Contacted the manufacturer, their answer was not the best. Wanted me to use a epoxy remover and a heat gun. Problem chemical is flammable. The rep was not helpful the brand is CEG from home depot. The next time I will use electroshock was .such easier to use. Still looking for assistance.

Try talking to the Pro's at the John Bridge Tile Forum.

The care and maintenance gurus' are generally on line after work, weekdays, left coast time.