I have a 1928 built farmhouse. The previous owners knocked down the two chimneys to below the roof line, patched the roof and put up new roof shingles. I remodeled the third floor and knocked down the chimneys to below the third floor, floor level. I am now experiencing mold problems on the two rooms the chimney straddles on the second floor. Could it be possible that moisture is wicking up from ground level, through the chimney, feeding the mold? If so, is there a way to fix this…other than taking both chimneys down to the ground level. Side note…I am in a low lying area so when it rains a lot, there is standing water.