+ Reply to Thread

Default leak under bathtub

my house sit on slab, had my bathroom remodel a few month ago, I just realized that I have a leak be hand the tiles. need advised what options other than redoing tiles?

Default Re: leak under bathtub

Is the leak on the drain or water lines? Or is it getting behind the tile when showering?
    John

From what you wrote, I assume that splashing water gets behind the tiles. If that's the case, re caulk around the tiles. If the problem persists, do step two.

You should have had waterproofing installed before the tiles were installed. Tile + grout + caulk + sealant is NOT waterproof.

Is there a shower with this tub?

If you hired this done, the contractor should fix it for free as new as it is. People can make mistakes and bad products can catch the best of us out sometimes, but in most cases I've seen where failure occurred this soon the job wasn't done correctly from the start so the person who did it won't know how to properly fix it though they may do a decent patch till their obligation is over. Give them a try anyway.

For tile info there's no place better than the John Bridge Tile Forum- tell them we sent you and you'll be greeted with open arms!

Phil