+ Reply to Thread

Default a terrific new product?????

looks like a great new product. just wondering how code compliant it is in each state. i know massachusetts is tough on exactly what kind of smoke/CO you use and where.

http://www.insanee.com/update/intere...ur-smoke-alarm

Default Re: a terrific new product?????

That looks like a really cool product. If they are sensibly priced I'd do it

People cant remember to change the battery in a smoke detector each year, what makes you think they'll check there AP regularly? And considering their smart thermostat is over $250 how much will this be.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

In Calif, bedrooms must have battery detectors or wired. The problem is that many people don't replace the batteries.
    This products is good.

If your families safety is important to you, this is probably a good product. I don't care for all the wireless interfaces and particularly internet access to everything in my house.

I don't see what good including the CO detector is in a ceiling mounted smoke detector. CO is heavier than air, by the time a ceiling mounted detector detects it, everyone is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    I don't see what good including the CO detector is in a ceiling mounted smoke detector. CO is heavier than air, by the time a ceiling mounted detector detects it, everyone is dead.
    You're taking all the fun out of this with your correct information.