+ Reply to Thread

Default Has anyone ever seen anything like this - and if so do you have any information??

In the house we are buying there has always been a section next to the fireplace that was walled off and we were told that it was a fire pit. We removed the wall last night and talked to the former owner of the house and she called it a Chinese Smoker?? The house was built in 1939, but we do not know if it was installed at that time, but the owner is in her 70’s and remembers her dad cooking on it when she was little.There is a wood fireplace to the left in the picture and they each have its own chimney. There is a set up for “rotisserie” cooking above the grill. The cast iron doors are labeled Adams and the “oven” part is label The Majestic Dubuque Iowa. I have had someone tell me it is Scandinavian. We are trying to find out what the electrical does and is it safe to use. I can't seem to upload a pict. Does anyone know the trick? It is a jpeg and under the allowed size.

Default Re: Has anyone ever seen anything like this - and if so do you have any information??

To post pictures you can either upload to a free photo site like Photobucket and post the link or e-mail the pictures to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com and I'll post them for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb