Noticing that water is surrounding my gas tank, I checked for leaks and found out that it is above the unit. No drips, just a fine spray.

It is a replacement Westinghouse that was installed two years ago. There is like a green paste on what I think is the affected area and looks as tho' something was taped (?) around it at one time, but, I can't be sure and can't find any tape-like materials around the tank.

The leak is spraying in the area of the little hood at the top.

Should I call a plumber now? On Monday? Or, is this something I can fix myself ~

Thoughts? lol