+ Reply to Thread

Default Interior concrete walls

I have a 1948 house in orange CA. My interior walls appear to be 1/2,at least, thick made of concrete. All the walls have a light green paint (?) that has permeated the concrete, even the ceilings. What is this and how can I seal it.

Default Re: Interior concrete walls

Zinnser Bulls Eye 123 (blue label ) is good for mild bleed through issues and covering darker colors before applying a lighter color. If the color seriously bleeds then you'll need to step up to a pigmented shellac, again, go with Zinnser, but this time you want to use BIN primer (red label ).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

What Spruce said plus;

Wash the walls thoroughly first. This can be messy, but is important.

One thing I neglected to mention with the primers is to make sure you read the label while you're in the store. The clean up procedures and products needed are completely different between the two types of primer. If you choose another brand, such as Kilz, then this requires it's own clean up procedures and products. Just be aware of what you're using and what it will take to clean it up.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!