+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DuraCeramic

Default DuraCeramic

I have been looking at tile as we are going to do a total bathroom remodel. I have been looking at everything. Have looked at this DuraCermic Tile, which is very attractive. Have now read ****** that people are having a lot of trouble with it. The way I understand it, it cannot be applied as ceramic tile has in the past and if it isn't applied a certain way it is a disaster. It is considered to be a "green tile" and has to be applied differently. Has anyone had problems with this?

Default Re: DuraCeramic

I have 2 different brands of Luxury Vinyl Tile in 2 bathrooms. One was a gut, one was all new. I don't recall which bathroom had the Armstrong product and which had the Congoleum product. My contractor had to apply a special coated paper product upon which one of these tile 'floated'. The other product was applied differently. I think, like anything else, follow the manufacturer's installation instructions specifically. I love the tile, it isn't cold! I'm sorry I can't remember the Duraceramic specifics, but we renovated the entire house. I would definitely use LVT again.

For all matters tile related head on over to the John Bridge Tile Forum where you can start your own thread, ask as many questions as you want, post pictures, and get speedy answers.

Tell them we sent you and we are still waiting for the Banana Bread they promised.

Ok, so how do I get to the John Bridge Forum, I can't find it. Sorry.

Thank-you!