I am hoping someone might be able to provide me with some help on how to help with drafty windows. The windows in question are single hung Crestline windows (white vinyl on the inside and outside) installed by our builder about seven years ago when we had our house built. Our house has 2x6 walls , vinyl siding and did have a house wrap if that matters at all. The builder has since gone bankrupt so I can no longer contact them. We did contact Crestline directly a number of years ago and they sent out a service rep who said it was a framing issue and did do some caulking around the inside of the frames.
I expressed to the builder at the time that I did not want these windows but they stated this is the only windows they offered. Anyway, now we are stuck with bad windows. On cold days during winter, a noticable breeze can be felt coming in around all windows (in some places the breeze is strong enough to extinguish a lighter).
Unfortunately we can't afford new windows at this time. However, I would like to do whatever possible on a very limitied budget to improve their efficiency. Any tips/advice/suggestions will be greatly appreciated!