+ Reply to Thread

Question Best Way to Install a Nuway Propane Stove Heater Questions for workshop /garage?

This Nuway Propane Heater/Stove comes with single wall vent pipe and I a wondering what would be the best way to install it? Can I vent it out the side wall or would it be best to exit thru the roof. If thru the roof what is the best way to seal it? Should I use B Type Vent Pipe they sell a vent kit for this but it is not B Type Vent Pipe what would be the best way to seal it being the single wall vent pipe gets hot and would melt most roof pipe seal products. Just want to use some kind of seal that will not allow water to get in. I see plumbing type seals for plumbing Vents but not sure what one can be used for a Heater / Stove that has a hot vent pipe? Should I go with the B Type vent Pipe that has the double wall and is there some kind of slide on seal or what can I use any brands that might sell something that works with heater vent pipe. I have found the B Type Vent Piping which is roughly 3 1/2 inch diameter. Once it is thru the roof how high should it be and does it need to be higher than the roof's peak. And how much high should it be? Just want to get the roof sealed off and no leaks from the vent pipe going thru the roof. Any information and what products are readily available to get a good seal?

Does it matter if it goes thru the roof or side wall. A friend has a wood stove at his hunting cabin and it goes thru the side wall which might be less chance of leaks but need a good way to seal if I am going thru the roof.

Any information would be welcome.

MMeehan

Default Re: Best Way to Install a Nuway Propane Stove Heater Questions for workshop /garage?

I'd suggest that you have a chat with the nice folks at your local HVAC supply house to get ideas on this. They know the guys who do this work in your area and will know what they usually do in these situations. Also ask about building codes and required clearances to combustibles as well as how to insulate those areas.

Be aware that this type of work usually calls for a permit and inspection, without which your homeowners insurance may not cover things if there's a problem later on!

Phil