+ Reply to Thread

Default Stuck washing machine supply hose?

We wanted to replace our ten year old rubber supply hoses with new braided ones. I got the hose off the hot water supply with much vigor on my part. The cold water supply is another fish however. With slip joint pliers around the metal part that screws on the hose bibb I turned as hard as I felt prudent without breaking the pipe. Our supply lines are set into the wall with a plastic cover and I am afraid to apply heat to loosen them with my plumbing torch. I am thinking of obtaining a pencil torch to accomplish this. Any ideas from the pros and seasoned vets?

Default Re: Stuck washing machine supply hose?

Sounds like its time to replace the valves as well. At least put new washers in them.

Take a file and cut slits into the part you are clamping down on. Make 2 slits, opposite each other barely scoring through the outside metal before you hit the threads. The bust that bad boy offa there.

Don't buy the braided hoses with the autmatic anti-flood feature. We've replaced quite a few of them already due to tooo many false alarms.

Thumbs up Re: Stuck washing machine supply hose?

Thank you very much for that excellent advice!!! That is a very good idea.

Default Re: Stuck washing machine supply hose?

Quote Originally Posted by unhandydan View Post
    Thank you very much for that excellent advice!!! That is a very good idea.
    If you have a Dremal tool with a cutting wheel it will make the job a lot easier.
    John