+ Reply to Thread

Default Re: Bought 1970 house - basement crawlspace is beginning to look more worrisome.

Well – I can’t help with the basement wall – I will let one of the expert construction guys do that and answers will come in over a couple of days, but I can answer your other questions. It is best to upload your photo to a site like Photobucket and then link it in your question. The guys will appreciate a photo.

Some words are censored because they are commonly used in spamming forums. Check your question in the “preview post” and if your word is censored (and you are not swearing) try separating the letters like go ld. We will get your meaning.

Default Re: Bought 1970 house - basement crawlspace is beginning to look more worrisome.

Thanks very much. I will post all 4 pictures. I forget about the forex and metal exchanges being 'advise' spam magnets.

The best way to fix a bowing foundation wall short of a rebuild is a wall anchor system. Here is a description
    http://www.jesbasementsystems.com/jesanchors.html

I'm not sure if they are available for DIYers.
    From your Pix it looks like you have a serious water problem, I would suggest you consider installing some outside drainage system to carry the water away from the foundation, and possibly install a sump well with a sump pump. That will carry water away from under the slab.

Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 07-21-2014 at 01:02 AM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb