+ Reply to Thread

Default Mystery tool, who can tell me what it is?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and have spent two days trying to post some pictures. They are .jpeg images, and I have changed the resolution from 5 MB files to 228K files, thinking it was due to file size, but no success. Very frustrating, since without a picture it's hard to explain this unique tool. If anyone can help me post a pic, I have a bunch of them. Or I'll be happy to e-mail you a few directly. So until then, I'll try to explain it.

It measures 4 1/2" long by 1" wide. At it's highest point, it's 1 3/8" tall.
    It has a date on the bottom, best as I can tell, PAT. APRIL 18.86
    It has a steel flat bar spring that allows the lever to pivot and open to capture something with a very specific shape.
    It is metal, cast or steel I assume, painted gloss black with a lacquer finish (as though it was dipped)

I have asked over 50 people, and no one knows what it is. A lot of ideas, but no accurate ones. I had someone even offer to buy it just because it was so unique, and they didn't know what it was. They just liked the idea of it's oddity.

Again, be happy to send anyone some pictures. Trying to solve a mystery.

Thanks everyone,
    Phil

Default Re: Mystery tool, who can tell me what it is?

You can post links to free photo services such as Photobucket or e-mail the photos to me jackson_l_mcdaniel@yahoo.com and I'll post it for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Mystery tool, who can tell me what it is?

you can do a patent search by date or you can attach a link to the photos. you can't post a picture until you have at least 10 posts on this site.