+ Reply to Thread

Thread: paint sprayers

Hybrid View

Question paint sprayers

Hi,
    Does anyone know what is the best commercial quality paint sprayer for interior paint applications? I know the pros recommend rollers and brushes but I have several rooms to do and they will be empty of all furniture and fixtures so it seems like the best option for me.

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: paint sprayers

I own a Titan 640 with the digital control and use it in situations such as yours. One factor to consider - you'll be adding many many gallons of water to the interior of the home. Proper venting may take overnight.

Normally we primer with the sprayer, paint the ceilings and the wood trim. The walls are rollered in each room's color.

Buying a quality sprayer when you don't use it on a regular basis, may be a waste of money (for most folks).

Look into renting a sprayer. Or buy a less expensive Wagner.

Personally, I will never use a sprayer indoor, only roller and brush. I don't trust the masks.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Personally, I will never use a sprayer indoor, only roller and brush. I don't trust the masks.
    That's what power roller attachments are for! <wink>

Agreed on the use vs. value statement though.

Rental equipment can be a little iffy, you could probably pick up a decent sprayer at a pawn shop or of Craig's List for fairly cheap, then sell it when you're done.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    That's what power roller attachments are for! <wink>

Agreed on the use vs. value statement though.

Rental equipment can be a little iffy, you could probably pick up a decent sprayer at a pawn shop or of Craig's List for fairly cheap, then sell it when you're done.
    Spruce, you're right.

Go to a paint shop or paint department and check out those power rollers. Some of them can do an amazing, clean job, without the need to use a mask.

I still like to use a roller. Now you can get a wider roller (12" wide as opposed to 9"), and finish rolling in less time.

Agreed, The stench from spraying primer can be harsh on the eyes and the lungs.

Lots of air movement needed.