+ Reply to Thread

Default Cracks in Stucco (brick look) - what is the best way to repair/replace (2200 SqFt)

Hi, I am repairing my home due to foundation issues - once this is complete I will need to repair or replace my cracked exterior stucco. The current stucco is made to look like brick. The stucco is over concrete block and is well adhered to the surface.

I have gotten estimates from $6,000 to over $20,000 depending on weather they remove the stucco or skim over it.
    It seems to me that unless it is removed the existing cracks would eventually effect the new finish. Also it seems that to recreate the current finish over the old stucco would effect many things due to the thickness

Any information that you could provide would be appreciated

Thank you

George

Default Re: Cracks in Stucco (brick look) - what is the best way to repair/replace (2200 SqFt

You need to upload good photos. 2 ways to do it:
    1. upload your photos onto a host like photobucket.com, then post the link.
    2. email your photos to our member jlmcdaniel in this forum and write 'photos' on the subject line. Jack will post them for you.

Default Re: Cracks in Stucco (brick look) - what is the best way to repair/replace (2200 SqFt

To remove stucco that has good adhesion to the CMU would do damage to the CMU.
    To stucco over the stucco brick pattern would cause more cracking than you have now.
    The reason for more cracks is stucco will crack at the weakest plane which would be all the scored joints that would be covered the joints being the deepest and the brick face thinest.
    Check this product Jahn M-40 crack injection Grout This grout is for cracks from 3/16 inch to 9/16 inch.
    Also could use Jahn M-30 Micro Injection grout this one is very very flowable and most likely would fine its wat to the block cells which would take a lot of material and the cost would be high with the amount of material required to fill cells.
    Cathedral Stone Products, Inc. has this product contact them to see if there is a contractor iin your area.
    www.cathedralstone.com