+ Reply to Thread

Lightbulb Uncommon 4-Way Switch Diagram Needed!

Hello, I need help wiring two separate 4-way switch circuits that contain the lights between the start and end. Each 4-way circuit is a mirror image of the other. I have a diagram that I found on the Internet that I need help reversing (and would like to make sure it has been drawn out correctly, as well.) Here is what I'm needing help with:

SUPPLY > 3WAY > LIGHTS > 4WAY > 3WAY

SUPPLY > 3WAY > 4WAY > LIGHTS > 3WAY

Here is the diagram I found on the Internet (resembling the second of the two circuits above).

Default Re: Uncommon 4-Way Switch Diagram Needed!

The only error I see in the drawing is at 3-way "C". By current Code you would need to use 4 conductor cable from the j-box to 3-way "C". Current code requires a neutral at the switch boxes even if it is not used at present. You would also need to make sure the j-box is large enough to handle the conductor count.

Yor option A would require even more complicated wiring.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Uncommon 4-Way Switch Diagram Needed!

I agree with JLMCDANIEL and count at minimum 23 cu. in. without cable clamps internal to the box using 14 ga. wire. Plan for a box that is larger than that.

Search for "junction box cubic inches" for relevant information.

And of course the jbox cannot be concealed.