+ Reply to Thread

Default Replacing 2-handle Shower faucets with Single lever in Tiled wall

I seem to remember watching one of the TOH shows that dealt with replacing a 2 handle Shower faucet system with a Single Lever without re-doing the Tile. I think they used a 'shield' to cover the hole of the new Single Lever.

If any one remembers or knows anything on this item, let me know, thanks

Default Re: Replacing 2-handle Shower faucets with Single lever in Tiled wall

Symmons makes them and they are available at any plumbing supply store. it's a very common item but i don't believe that the big box stores sell them.

Those over sized shields are called "escutcheon plates" and are available at the plumbing parts section of the big box stores

Thanks for the prompt responses. I'll visit my local plumbing store now that I know what to ask for.

It's called a remodel plate. They're made by Delta and Moen along with some others.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/repairpar...s/rp29827.html
    John