+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Those flexible garden hoses, as seen on TV

You've probably seen them on TV: they are small and light garden hoses, advertised to last may years and to be as tough as fireman's hose.

I bought one at HD and I feel like a sucker, even though I managed to get my money back...

Talking about a flight by night product.

Default Re: Those flexible garden hoses, as seen on TV

You did better than I did. I bought two, they lasted for one month. The first one came apart at the female connection. The second one burst in the middle of the hose.
    John

John, you thought you were getting a deal, buy one get one free, just pay additional shipping...what a rip off. A class action is coming soon.

you know what they say, if it seems too good to be true . . . Nothing more than a cheap "Ronco" product. Enjoy it while you can, because it sure as heck isn't going to perform as advertised, nor last as advertised.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

The idea was great and when it was working we loved it. It would be a good product if they used a little stronger tube inside the exterior fabric. Their connection to the hose adapters need improving also. After seeing this down on paper I guess it is a piece of junk.
    John

Neighbor has them and thinks they are great, SIL has them and thinks they are great. Time will tell.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Neighbor has them and thinks they are great, SIL has them and thinks they are great. Time will tell.

Jack
    They're great until they start leaking. Mine did after 2 weeks of light use.

Then, if you bought them on line - you lose.

Could there be different manufacturers?
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Are these the ones that are nothing more than latex surgical tubing inside a fluorescent green nylon sock?

The idea is great, but the execution is poor. If it's going to better than a regular garden hose, it should cost more.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

These hoses are made in China, by many manufacturers.

Let me tell you a bit about business China style: Manufacturers have trade shows, the biggest one is the Guangzhou, Guangdong show, happening twice a year, where reps from around the world come looking for the next money maker magical product. All these folks are trying to do is beat their competition. By the way, sales numbers in these shows are out of this world. Only WalMart, Costco & others understand those numbers. We folks don't.

I've been to the trade show in Yiwu, Zhejiang (close to Shanghai) and let me tell you, you see products never seen in the USA. Thousands and thousands of products for just about everything people ever need. That's where "buyers", importers, reps, entrepreneurs (business wholesale people) come to, besides the regular tourists.

These garden hoses were most likely "discovered" in one of these shows, brought here by the boat load, trying to make a quick billion, then quickly shut down the internet business and disappear, before problems arise. What a plan.

If you bought a garden hose on line and you want your money back, you'll need a lot of luck. But if you bought it at HD type store, you're OK, cause they have a way to get their money back from the manufacturer.