+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default where to find Tom Silvas' speed square holder

Does anyone know where I can find the speed square holder that Tom Silva uses, It looks like a black rectangular plastic device that the speed square slides into. I already know about the Swanson speed square clips and the assortment of other holsters but I really wabt to know where to find one that Tom uses. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: where to find Tom Silvas' speed square holder

If you find the source, let us know.

I just tuck mine in the back of my belt, between the belt and my butt. Saves space in the pouch, no added weight or cumbersome add-ons, and it's free. When I'm not wearing my belt, it's tucked into a pouch pocket.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Mine goes into a pouch pocket too, adding to the 20 lbs of stuff I usually have riding along with it. Padded suspenders are a godsend!

Phil

I'm seriously disappointed with This Old House. I couldn't care less what kind of underwear he or the producers wear but being a tool guy when I see a tool I like I want to know about it. I went through all of the proper channels and they will not respond. I even tweeted Tom Silva on twitter to ask him and he won't respond. What's the deal. My take and impression of all of them has cedrtainly changed.

I wouldn't take it personally. With all of the messages that have to be processed it is easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle or may be lined up to be answered and less likely be featured as a question on a future show segment. Another possible reason might be agreements or lack of agreements with manufacturers. They may be legally required to NOT answer about items from particular manufacturers or vendors. I've posted a similar question and I know your frustration but I'm sure people on the forum would keep an eye out and get back to you if we can find something. Here ya go, this should be it:

http://www.busybeetools.com/products...B47%7DBAR.html
    Last edited by dcalabro; 09-12-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    My advice and opinions come from hands on knowledge...and This Old House Hidden Content

JAF,

I tried to send a message to a frustrated homeowner on the DIY channel who was suffering the same problem I had many years ago. DIY wasn't interested, nor able to send my info to the homeowner. Here I had the solution and the folks in charge didn't care. They are all about making TV shows, not actual 'construction'

Quote Originally Posted by JAF View Post
    I'm seriously disappointed with This Old House. I couldn't care less what kind of underwear he or the producers wear but being a tool guy when I see a tool I like I want to know about it. I went through all of the proper channels and they will not respond. I even tweeted Tom Silva on twitter to ask him and he won't respond. What's the deal. My take and impression of all of them has cedrtainly changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Here I had the solution and the folks in charge didn't care. They are all about making TV shows, not actual 'construction'
    This forum has long been know as merely the source of fodder for the magazine, and nothing else. The people you see on camera are paid to be on camera, nothing else, they are not members of this forum and it is doubtful you'll find them anywhere else electronically either, certainly not in a "construction" capacity.

I think that TOH is doing a HUGE disservice to it's fans by not having the tv personalities helping on these forums. Everyone you see here is voluntarily giving their knowledge and time to be here and answer questions, TOH should be far more actively engaged.

But, it is what it is.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Well I cut the guys some slack- but I too think they should at least show up here once in awhile. It can't be easy having a full-time job, running a business, having the usual family obligations, and doing a regular TV show while being very active on a web forum. There just aren't enough hours in a day to doo all they do which can give them much forum time.

But still, if they're not going to show up here then the forum should at least be renamed or made separate from the rest of the site. This is NOT a TOH forum save for it being hosted on the TOH site, and location alone is not enough. If location mattered, then this could just as well be called "The Baptist Home Repair Forum" since I'm sure there's a Baptist church in the same town as the TOH offices and it is just as closely related to this forum as TOH actually is! I'm glad to be here and am not suggesting this close, but its name is totally in error without some input from the TOH guys.

Phil

Old thread but a new episode this season addressed this exact question. Check it out!
    My advice and opinions come from hands on knowledge...and This Old House Hidden Content