+ Reply to Thread

Default grout washing out

I have black granite tile, with black grout. I purchased the grout from Home Depot with the blessing of my
    'tile guy'. It looked great, much cheaper than solid granite which we will do when a full remodel is possible.

PROBLEM!!! I sealed the grout with super expensive tile sealer from a professional tile store, three times!! Sadly, though, the black grout washes out when I wipe with a washcloth, water only, dawn dish soap, etc. No scrubbing, nothing.

Does Home Depot have bad grout? Did my tile guy do a bad job? what can I do???

Thanks
    Mindy 8

Default Re: grout washing out

Some information is missing, like what kind of grout you used, and no, Home Depot doesn't have 'bad' grout. We need to know what exactly your tile guy did. I bet he used the wrong grout.

1. Granite tiles are placed closer together than tiles. 1/16 gaps as opposed to 1/8-1/4 gaps for tiles.

2. For granite you want to use unsanded grout or epoxy grout.

If he used premixed grout its bad.

If he used too much water when mixing or cleaning a dry, powdered grout its bad.

Fusion Pro will never change color, is fairly easy to install, never needs sealing, and can be purchased through home depot.

Some really nice guy took the time to write a grouting tutorial on the John Bridge Tile Forum. You can find it in the liberry index.

Houston, MLB and others:

Do you need an outlet for wholesale plumbing and HVAC supplies? contact me.

i don't buy enough plumbing supplies to need one. my plumber might though. i'll ask him about it