+ Reply to Thread

Default Faux Brick Exterior On Older Home

Recently my husband and I purchased our first home, built sometime in the late 40's. Currently we do not have a lot of money to spend on fixing up the exterior of the home (since we spent quite a lot on the interior), so I am trying to figure out a way to make the exterior look more presentable. My problem is that the exterior of the house is mostly a faded, faux brick covering. I'm not quite sure what it is made of but I would like to be able to restore it a bit. I have tried scrubbing it down and it looks great when it's wet...but when it dries it goes back to being a faded, ugly orange color. Can anyone help me out and give me some suggestions, if any, to make this work for a while?

Default Re: Faux Brick Exterior On Older Home

not my favorite thing in the world but you can paint the brick.

can you post some pictures or a link to some pictures?

I have stained ligher brick to a darker color by using a water based clear binder and add universal pigments to make a colored stain spray it on using a hudson garden sprayer.
    What you have to look at is if the mortar joints are ligher than the brick or white thev stain will change the mortar joint color that may not look correct with the brick color.
    DO A TEST.

Yes, paint will solve your immediate problem and it's inexpensive, but for a dynamite look you want something better. Wait till you have the funds.