+ Reply to Thread

Question Bathroom faucet handle removal

I am trying to repair a leaky bathroom faucet. It is a two handle faucet, each handle turns a quarter turn for water. The "arm" of each handle unscrews from the body but I cannot figure out how to get the faucet off to get at the leak. There is not set screw holding it on that I can see. When I unscrew the "arm", there is nothing in the hole where they may be a screw. I tried prying in up but I stopped before doing too much damage. Thoughts?
    Last edited by evenandben; 08-05-2013 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Add pictures

Default Re: Bathroom faucet handle removal

Every handle valve that I have seen has a screw that holds the handle onto the stem. The top of the handle, directly above the stem, will have a removable button, under which you will find the retaining screw. Remove the screw, then you carefully work the handle loose. Time and calcification will weld the handle in place, so it may take some effort to remove. Wiggle the handle back and forth, tap it on harder with a hammer (lightly ), basically, whatever it takes to break the hold of the calcification and remove the handle.

Once the handle is off, you can get to the stem nut, packing, etc., to repair the leaking faucet. Reassemble in the reverse order you took it apart.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

You may fare better by taking a few pictures and posting a thread on the Terry Love Plumbing Forum. Those guys have seen everything.

Tell them we sent you and they still owe us a box of donuts.

Houston,

While you were gone, the donuts from john bridge forum came and Spruce took them home.

Dangit.

I tried to add a couple of pictures to this post to describe the faucet better but I cannot figure out how to add pictures/files, etc. to these posts. The faucets come up and curve to the right (cold) and left (hot). There is an "arm" that screws into the faucet which unscrews. There is no cap, no button on top to remove to locate a screw.

Upload your photos to a site like photobucket.com, then give us the link.
    or, send your photos to our member jlmcdaniel in this site, and put 'photos' on the title. He'll post them for you.

I will advise you to call a professional plumber before the damage increase.
    Low Cost Hidden Content

I think that the OP is a little unclear here, with terminology and inability to post photos.
    Let's see the photos first.