+ Reply to Thread

Default changing motor drive handle

I need to change the motor drive handle on my self-propelled mower. I have ordered the part, but there is no description in the owner's manual. It will be my first time putting on a new one. Can anyone help me? Oh, it is a Yardman self-propelled mower from 2005. thanks

Default Re: changing motor drive handle

If the instructions are bad or nonexistent, then find an exploded view of the mower and follow the chain of parts as they pertain to what you're working on. From that diagram, you will be able to match up the parts you have with where they go on the mower. Another option might be to contact MTD, the manufacturer of your mower, and ask them for assistance or a repair manual for your mower.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If you have the time and patience, do as spruce suggested, but you have to have some handyman's skills.

Often time people end up spending way too much money and time trying to fix the problem and they can't seem to be able to get the machine going.

Then the wife says: "You should have taken it to the corner store to get it fixed and be done with it".

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    If you have the time and patience, do as spruce suggested, but you have to have some handyman's skills.

Often time people end up spending way too much money and time trying to fix the problem and they can't seem to be able to get the machine going.

Then the wife says: "You should have taken it to the corner store to get it fixed and be done with it".
    The other issue is that it's a Yardman, which is a throw-away mower to begin with. Basically, everything that MTD makes is throw-away, They've bought up most of the name brands and destroyed them by redesigning them to make them cheap, yet still cash in on the name brand. Got an older machine, before MTD bought the name? Good luck finding parts, they don't exist because of the redesign. Pretty much ALL of the products sold by MTD are the same exact thing with different badging, all of it garbage.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!