+ Reply to Thread

Default insulating a converted garage ceiling

I have enclosed my previously unheated attached garage and opened the wall that attached it to the house.
    the cement floor was insulated and raised to match existing floor in house. I am installing a separate zone for heat in the new room and the rooms above are bedroom and office. should i install insulation in ceiling of new room for heat loss and or soundproofing and if so what kind (faced or unfaced)

Default Re: insulating a converted garage ceiling

Howdy ever think of getting a byuilding permit an then meeting the code required techniques? This might serve you well. Otherwise without the climate your in or the attic space ect. cannot help much start first in determining what insulation is in the rest of the house, how do you plan on venting the garage / addition roofing? Might want to bet some bids and read up on building additions- great books on it at most libraries.
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

Default Re: insulating a converted garage ceiling

hi,
    i'm in the northeast so winters get cold also there are 2 windows in new room , front wall where garage door was is now cinderblock and stucco with 2 windows and other outside wall is foundation wall half below grade and one other wall is interior