+ Reply to Thread

Question Responsibly Dispose of Broken Tools

I've searched the web to no avail trying to find how to responsibly dispose of irreparably broken tools, eg, table-saw blades with missing teeth. You'd think by the 21st Century, we'd have progressed from just tossing them in the trash or welding them into pieces of "art." Does anyone know a way?

Default Re: Responsibly Dispose of Broken Tools

scrap them for the metal, you'll get a few bucks

Agreed, I tend to toss them into the municipal recycle bin. If you don't have this service, then you likely will have a recycling depot that takes various metals and recyclables. If all else fails, then start a scrap heap and take it in when you have enough to amount to something. Scrap metal/steel will net you about $40 a ton, maybe a little more.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Yup,by me,any piece of metal put out by the trash on garbage day will be snapped up by the recyclers in less than 10 minutes.

Thanks all. Your replies make much sense. I'll scour harder to find a local recycler who'll take our stuff.

The saw blade resharpening centers have a huge bin out back full of scrap metal. I'm sure they'd appreciate the scrap too.