+ Reply to Thread

Default KOHLER faucets and fixtures

Do you think that Kohler's products are too expensive?
    Do you think that Kohler's quality warrants their prices?
    Have you ever had bad experiences with Kohler products?

Default Re: KOHLER faucets and fixtures

dji the problem with Kohler is not there quality it's in there repair-ability. They change the faucets so often it is sometimes impossible to find the parts needed to make repairs. Take a look at this link for repair parts for Kohler tub faucets. This will give you a idea of the many faucet changes they make.

http://www.alfanoplumbingparts.com/p...ridgesItoO.pdf

John

Tubs, shower enclosures, sinks, and toilets are of consitant good quality and high standards. But like Johnjh2o, I would stay away from their faucets and shaower hardware.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    dji the problem with Kohler is not there quality it's in there repair-ability. They change the faucets so often it is sometimes impossible to find the parts needed to make repairs. Take a look at this link for repair parts for Kohler tub faucets. This will give you a idea of the many faucet changes they make.

http://www.alfanoplumbingparts.com/p...ridgesItoO.pdf

John
    Yes parts is a big issue.

Last month I had to replace a cartridge for a Kohler tub/shower faucet (about $100 and 2 week wait for delivery) then tried to fit a universal toilet seat on a one piece Kohler toilet (I believe it was a Rosario model) and Kohler wanted $49 for the two bolts. $49 for two bolts! I substituted them with two toggle bolts (88 cents).

Not only they change their parts ever so frequently, not only they make their parts to fail quickly, then they gouge their customers with ridiculously high part prices. What kind of a business philosophy is this? They chase away most of their best customers...

Personally, I have never bought any Kohler faucets for my own use.

As for their fixtures, I have bought some of them in the past, for new construction and remodel jobs, since they make a good selling point.

Kohler's fixtures are top quality. And they do make a great selling point for upper end housing. I have them in my own home. But as far a faucets Delta is my choice. With part being available just about any were. If you have the time to wait for them just call Delta's 800# and they will ship them to you free of charge. Great company. Have been using the combination of Delta faucets and Kohler fixtures for years with very little problems.

John

John,

I've been using Delta and Peerless faucets for years: you're right, decent quality at low prices, ample parts, free or at moderate prices.

When I was buying homes for the purpose of renting them out, most of them came with Price Pfisters. That was when P&Pf was a local company. Later it was sold to Black and Decker and moved the manufacturing to Mexico. They took their quality down south too at the same time. Today I still have a few of the originals left and I'm fixing them with cheap stems made in China, whenever they go bad.

But I've always stayed away from Kohler faucets.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Do you think that Kohler's products are too expensive?
    Do you think that Kohler's quality warrants their prices?
    Have you ever had bad experiences with Kohler products?
    I love Kohler faucets. Yeah they are somewhat expensive, but they have so many products you can find something for any budget. Definitely quality work. I usually install Kohler when I do a job. Discount parts can be found here if you have time to wait for them to be shipped: https://www.plumbersstock.com/catego...ohler-faucets/