+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Light box that protrudes below ceiling

A.Spuce, please refrain from such sharp criticism of situations of which you have no direct knowledge.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

What did you use to post the photos? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pasdetrois View Post
    What did you use to post the photos? Thanks!
    The images were already on the net, I just found the ones that showed what I was referring to and provided a link here. One thing I noticed while doing so, when you click on the "insert image" icon, it pops up a dialog box with choices and cells to fill out, you have to choose "URL", copy/paste your URL into the box, then there is a checked box below that pertaining to retrieving the image. One would assume, with the box checked (it is standard that way) that you would be done, but this causes an error message, so uncheck this box and your image should post fine.

One other thing that just occurred to me, you may be limited in your posting abilities due to your personal post count being too low. I think you have to have a minimum of 10 posts before the site allows the posting of images or links. I could be wrong on this point, so you'll have to play around to see. Easy fix if post count is an issue, just make a few more posts to get your count up, then post the images you want.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Jack, trying to share photo at Photobucket:

http://<a href="http://s1350.photobu...8a7.jpg"/></a>

Are you copying the link to the image or are you copying the "embed" code?

I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If the box can't be reset below the surface, then the easiest means of repair will be a medallion, either purchased or made by you or your worker.

pasdetrois, look up in the box and see if you can see nails or screws in the back that is holding it in place. If you can, then you should be able to remove the nails or screws and pull the box out. Once out you can then install a pancake box and then your light fixture.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb