+ Reply to Thread

Default Noisy PVC exhaust piping from high efficiency water heater

Our neighbors recently installed a high efficiency water heater. The PVC exhaust piping is right under our bedroom window and is quite noisy. We'd like to suggest a way to reduce the noise to them rather than simply complain. Any solutions? Thanks a lot.

Default Re: Noisy PVC exhaust piping from high efficiency water heater

it's called a power vent. it has a fan attached that kicks on when it's running to bring combustion air in and to push out the exhaust. i don't believe that there's anything you can do about it. JohnH2O, a member here, might know a little more about these units.

As far as I know there is no way to reduce the noise. What I question is putting it under a window in the first place.
    John

forgot about that. there are rules as to how close it can be to a window, door or gas meter. was a permit pulled for the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by MLB Construction View Post
    forgot about that. there are rules as to how close it can be to a window, door or gas meter. was a permit pulled for the installation?
    Thanks for the info. I'll check on the rules and whether there was a permit.