Default master shower "pops" after showering

We've recently moved into a 1995 2-story, with basement, single family home in Colorado Springs, CO. About 10 minutes after we get out of the upstairs, master bathroom glass shower (tile two sides, glass one, glass door one) there is a loud "pop." Then anywhere from 1-2.5 hours later a similar "popping" noise is repeated. We haven't been able to take showers at night since the noise will wake us up. The hallway-bathroom shower shares the same wall as the master bath, and that noise is not repeated after showering in there. Do you have any idea what is making the popping noise?

Default Re: master shower "pops" after showering

You could have water hammering, and if you do water hammer arrestors will solve your problem.

But you need to have a plumber determine for sure. I sure can't identify your problem from my computer desk.

Meantime, read about this subject ******.

I doubt if it is water hammer problem, I think it might start with a thermo expansion contraction problem .

Had a similar issue in my house; turned out to be movement between the subfloor and sill plate of the wall. Under the right temperature/humidity conditions, it would move along the nails holding the sill plate to the subfloor and pop. When the conditions returned to normal, it would move the other way and pop. The solution was to drive a shim under the sill plate of the wall.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.