+ Reply to Thread

Default Matching existing doors and door knobs

I'm doing some renovation work on a 1937 house and am expanding it. We will be adding several interior doors, and I would like the new ones to match the existing. Same with the door knobs, which give the house a nice older feel, even though they're not perfect. Any suggestions for going about this? Thanks.

Default Re: Matching existing doors and door knobs

You will have to locate a salvage yard in your area that specializes in older items. The larger the city you are in or near, the easier it will be to locate such a place. Beyond that, you might try a millwork shop, they may be able to order something similar to what you have. Another idea would be to contact restoration contractors and see if they have what you need or any leads to where to find it.

Speaking of restoration, look up vandykes restoration hardware on-line, they have lots of reproduction hardware and moldings.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: Matching existing doors and door knobs

You will likely not find exact matches but House of Antique Hardware on the interwebs will have a decent selection of doorknobs and backplates.
    It's this old house, not this built after your dad was born house.