+ Reply to Thread

Default Finding matching floor tile

Help! The designer who decorated my house for the prior owner will NOT tell me the name and/or manufacturer of the floor tile which was used. She wants me to buy it from her at an exorbitant price!

Is there a website I can access or a method other than haunting every flooring store in Nevada to locate my tile? (The tile was used in the common areas but they used cheap inlay carpet which I would like to rip up and replace with the matching tile. Contrasting tile would look silly in this case.)

THANK YOU!!!

Default Re: Finding matching floor tile

First of all, if you have one or two large tile companies in your area, I would take a tile in (if you have one or could remove one from an unnoticeable area; or maybe even photograph - include accurate dimensions in case it's European)and see if they recognize it. I am in the Detroit area, and there are two large major tile dealers here that designers would go through, but the public can order through them as well.

If you can not find the tile that way, perhaps you could order a small amount (one carton?) from this designer. This amount would cost you more, but the carton would give you the information you need. Hope this helps!
    Kathy

That is horrible of her to withhold that information! Her job's done and she's still trying to get into your wallet!

Be sure to check out our Skillbuilder on Finding a Matching Tile Replacement. There are some great pointers there

Hope this helps!

John Bridges Forum is a site I frequent often...if you can't get help here then fahgetaboutit.. http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php?
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו