+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Decorating vinyl wrapped exterior windows

I am not happy. My house in Buffalo, N.Y. was built in 1932. My contractor suggested to vinyl wrap the windows for various reasons which seemed like good ideas.

Unfortunately, they sheared off the decorative wood at the top of each and now they’re flat. Fortunately, they haven’t gotten to two doors and one window.

Can decorative moulding be attached to the new wrap that would simulate the original wood?
    Can the portion below the original moulding be ‘vinyled’ leaving the original moulding to be sc****d and painted?

All suggestions are welcome. I can’t say how aggravated I am – there are no words for this.
    Thanks.

Default Re: Decorating vinyl wrapped exterior windows

lol I don't know why the word s c r a p e d was ****!

I would suggest you consider some vinyl trim. That way the color is more likely to match and require no maintenance.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thank you, Jack. Fortunately, the color is white.

How would I attach it, tho'. Can it be nailed or could this cause moisture issues between the wood and the sheeting.

I ask this because I also wanted to add some decorative 'things' on the face of each window's side. Can it be done?

The original moulding on the remaining window and doors - can they just vinyl it below the mouldings?

I nailed my on, you just have to make sure you use rust proof nails. You could also install it with construction adhesive. Just make sure the adhesive is rated for vinyl.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Decorating vinyl wrapped exterior windows

Thank you so much.