+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default What Style Is This 1929 Brick House?

My wife and I bought our house a couple years ago and are doing some renovations and would like to make sure we are being true to the original design but are having a hard time pinpointing what that style is exactly. A lot of our houses in our neighborhood are a variation of arts and crafts and there are cottage style houses in a nearby neighborhood with a few scattered in our's.

There are plenty of windows with the living room, dining room, and kitchen running down the right side of the house in that order and 3 bedroom and 1 bathroom running parallel to them. There is also an arch that divides the living room and the dining room with the kitchen being separated from the dining room with a simple door.

Here is a link to a blog containing the picture. What you can't see is hidden under that awning is an arch. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated.

Northern Virginia

Default Re: What Style Is This 1929 Brick House?

It's a charming English Cottage style.
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

Dorset UK

Default Re: What Style Is This 1929 Brick House?

Truly adorable home, I liked it. This 1920 brick home looks beautiful and I agree with the above poster it seems like a cottage. When you paint this then this will look more beautiful.