+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Moen 7560 single handle pull out faucet

I just replaced the cartridge in the faucet and put everything back together, now the handle won't stay "up" when the water is running. The weight of the handle forces the water to shut off. Evidently whatever used to hold the hand upright is either loose or missing now, or perhaps I just put the handle back together incorrectly. Does anyone know why this would be happening now, and what I can do to fix it?
    Many thanks,
    Tim

Default Re: Moen 7560 single handle pull out faucet

Quote Originally Posted by tjmack99 View Post
    I just replaced the cartridge in the faucet and put everything back together, now the handle won't stay "up" when the water is running. The weight of the handle forces the water to shut off. Evidently whatever used to hold the hand upright is either loose or missing now, or perhaps I just put the handle back together incorrectly. Does anyone know why this would be happening now, and what I can do to fix it?
    Many thanks,
    Tim
    I’ve been having this same problem for several months now. It used to work great, but then one day the handle just started falling down. I just figured out how to fix it!! Hopefully it will work for your faucet too: on mine there’s a ‘half-dome’ shaped part underneath the handle that it rotates or rides on when in use. I was investigating the handle again and noticed that not only does this piece unscrew, but was just slightly loose. I tightened it down and my faucet works great again. I can turn on a tiny trickle and it stays on. Before it had to be on full blast or it would fall down and the water would turn off.

Study the instructions, exploded view of the faucet, and retrace your steps. The fix for these things is usually pretty simple, as evidenced by the post above.

If you need the instructions/parts view, consult the Moen website.

I ran into this problem with my Moen 7700 faucet turning itself off - after replacing the cartridge, the faucet would (quickly) turn itself off. I spoke with Moen on the phone and they were good about sending me replacement parts (no charge, covered under "lifetime warranty", and I didn't need my original receipt even though technicalliy they require it). They guessed that it was part number 6 in this diagram ( http://www.ereplacementparts.com/moe...05_202468.html ), which is a bunch of parts including the adapter and connector. My old connnector (the black rubber part with two holes in it) was apparently worn. Apparently the faucet relies on friction between this part and the metal adapter that it snaps around. With the old part I was able to tighten the cartridge screw so far that the two halves of the rubber connector were able to touch each other (and even after that did not create enough friction). With the new part I could not tighten it that far - the pressure on the metal adapter part was enough to prevent this, and apparently this friction is in part what keeps the faucet from turning itself off. After this it worked fine once again. I read in other places that this problem might be caused by too much lubricant in the cartridge, or that the "o rings" in a new part need to swell a little bit after installation to prevent this, but from my experience I don't think those are the most likely causes.