+ Reply to Thread

Default Tips/cautions to re-do asphalt driveway

I need to re-do my (asphalt) - 12' x 100'. What are the essential terms I should include in the contract? What's the average price per square foot in Pennsylvania?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Default Re: Tips/cautions to re-do asphalt driveway

Quote Originally Posted by PunkP2 View Post
    What's the average price per square foot in Pennsylvania?
    PA is a state with diverse markets from West to East. If you want an average price, you need to get estimates just like any with any other contractor. The average might not be the best option for you.
    It's this old house, not this built after your dad was born house.

Call a few paving contractors for estimates. Prices will vary by season and other factors. Get at least 3 estimates.

Remember that there are other options for a long driveway to consider. Depending on your budget, think about concrete, which lasts longer than asphalt.

You should have an asphalt contractor look at the drive and evaluate what needs done. It may need crack fill first, it may need completely redone if the base was not properly done.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

How extensive is the "re-do". If it's rip out and replace, I suggest considering pavers.

Pavers is about the same cost of concrete -- I believe about $10/sf, at least that's what it cost me in No. Calif 7 years ago for about 1,400 sf. which included the front door walkway & a small interior courtyard

You can google to find asphalt's cost - - the fact that it seems to be most common suggests it is the cheapest of finished material.